Sunday, October 2, 2011

Conference and much more!

We really enjoyed General Conference this weekend and all of the speakers. We laughed when President Monson got up the first time in the Saturday morning session and just said "Hello!" really quick and energetic. He cracked me up a lot this conference. When he told the story of when he lost a 5 dollar bill when he was 12, I was thinking that was just over 70 years ago for him, I hope I can remember that far back when I am his age! (you would understand if you knew how well I remember things) Can you believe another temple in Provo? There were so many good talks and topics. With Sage and our internet having a few glitches it was hard to catch everything but I really enjoyed the Young Women President's talk directed to fathers and how to help raise good daughters. Fathers definitely need to be involved. Thanks dad for stepping up and fulfilling that role!

Well Sage is surprising us more and more each day. She is learning so much and I enjoy watching her discover and learn more about life. On the rare occasion that she wakes up after Tyson leaves, she asks for daddy. One day she went looking for him after I told her he was at school, but she just had to check. So I followed her into our bedroom where she looked all around for him walking closer to the bed and wanting to be put on top of it, just so make sure he wasn't hiding somewhere. After I took her off the bed she finally decided he wasn't there after all and walked out of our room and headed to the kitchen for some food. I thought that was pretty precious! Today during conference, yes, during conference (you can hear it in the background), Tyson tested Sage on the shapes that I have been practicing with her. I think he was surprised. It was fun to watch her get excited.


Like I said Sage is learning a lot. I taught her a phrase that I say to her. Can you tell what it is? (Don't you love the beanie? She grabbed it on our way out)


This picture is for Dad. He saw our yard when we first moved in and seemed a little worried or rather disappointed in its condition. (This is after it rained a few times, so it was even worse before!)and here it is now that it has been watered by the lady who lives next to us.
She said the previous tenants in our apartment didn't want it watered for some reason. Crazy to me!

Tyson finally got all of his books and here is the stash. Beautiful isn't it?

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Ah man, I miss you guys so much! I can't believe how smart Sage is getting. I can't wait to come and visit. I love you guys! <3

Terri Lin said...

It was so much fun to watch the videos of Sage. She is growning up. I am glad you sent the link to your blog, it will be fun to keep up with you guys.

Take Care,
Terri Lin

Cyndi and Derek Murray said...

Oh my goodness those videos were adorable. Tyson seems like a very proud papa! Is Sage saying, "Look at me?" What a cutie. It feels like a little piece of your new home, and I love seeing how well you are doing. Love you guys, always! :0)

Cyndi

lynette said...

Hi..so smart and cute and amazing...can't wait to see you all...take care..love to you